6th annual Ready for Life Fundraising Breakfast
- Date: Thursday, May 14, 2015
- Location: W. P. Wagner High School
- Price: $0.00 per ticket
The Ready for Life Fundraising Breakfast is the Foundation’s signature fundraising event. Basically, the event is one hour in length and jam-packed full of entertainment and speeches reinforcing our mandate. At the end of the program, guests are asked to consider making a financial contribution. Event details are as follows:
What: Ready for Life Breakfast
When: Thursday, May 14, 2015 from 7:30 to 8:30 am (continental breakfast included)
Where: W.P. Wagner School, 6310 Wagner Road NW Parking: Southside of the school
Contact the foundation to register: http://foundation.epsb.ca/about-us/contact-us/194-contact-us
Key Messages about the Foundation
* Launched on February 10, 2010, the Foundation was created to promote public education and to raise friends and funds to support full-day Kindergarten programming and student success.
* The achievement gap begins for many students before they enter Kindergarten. For children living in unfortunate circumstances without opportunities for healthy growth, their future success is challenged.
* It costs approximately $100,000 to subsidize the other half-day of Kindergarten programming per classroom per year. This includes paying for teacher and educational assistant salaries as well as providing the basic resources required to prepare students for the 21st Century.
* 100 per cent of the money raised by the Foundation offers hope to children considered Edmonton Public Schools’ most socially vulnerable citizens – Kindergarteners who represent Edmonton’s diverse student population and who are at risk academically.
* Although Edmonton Public Schools subsidizes the funding for full-day Kindergarten programming at 21 schools and the Foundation has raised funds to offer and sustain the program at six other schools (Beacon Heights, Calder, Princeton, Lauderdale, Mee-Yah-Noh and Tipaskan), there are still another 9 schools whose students would significantly benefit from full-day Kindergarten.
* Each year, the Foundation hosts an annual Ready for Life Fundraising Breakfast to raise money to support full-day Kindergarten programs. The morning of the 2014 breakfast, over $300,000 was raised.